Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Warburton

Post by QPR_John » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:33 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:19 pm
A sad way for his tenure to finish. I've enjoyed the football under him over the last three years, and we've demonstrably progressed as a club during his time in charge. It feels as if that has been quickly forgotten due to the (admittedly very) poor form since February.

I hope they've got somebody lined up, but we haven't had a great track record with managerial appointments over the past decade.
You would hope. The fact he is staying for the remaining two games suggest the parting may well have been actually mutual.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:42 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:33 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
A sad way for his tenure to finish. I've enjoyed the football under him over the last three years, and we've demonstrably progressed as a club during his time in charge. It feels as if that has been quickly forgotten due to the (admittedly very) poor form since February.

I hope they've got somebody lined up, but we haven't had a great track record with managerial appointments over the past decade.
You would hope. The fact he is staying for the remaining two games suggest the parting may well have been actually mutual.
The club statement suggests otherwise. They clearly think we can do better. Time will tell, I guess.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

patrickqpr
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by patrickqpr » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:47 pm

I think we should have kept him. Wonder who we have lined up. Please don’t let it be Sherwood.

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:50 pm

I’d have kept him. But if he’s gone, Dyche is the man.

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:56 pm

For most of this season, like thousands of others, i think QPR have played in a way which has been very good to watch. Not only that, but the way that the club is run - albeit forced on it by the FFP punishment - is understandable and sensible.
The collapse in form, however, was horrible and 'injuries' are probably only part of the reason for it.
But, I regret very much the decision that the club has made and am fearful of what will follow the departure of Mark Warburton, not least because it appears that there is no successor lined up. Instead, there will be a 'search'.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:05 pm

Earlier in the week, the tone of the WLS podcast said it all....

They knew he was gone but didn't have a clue who reasonably could do the same job with the same constraints...
2022/2023.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:44 pm

QPR-NI wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:50 pm
I’d have kept him. But if he’s gone, Dyche is the man.
With all the success he's had with Burnley, there'll be a line of clubs banging on his door. I can't see Dyche coming here as much as I'd like him to.

Tony Mowbray has just been released by Blackburn - that would be a more QPR appointment.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:50 pm

I don't know….West London Sport saying Austin does not, as we thought, have a 2 year contract but a 1 year one with the second year dependent on him making sufficient appearances, which he has not.
Barbet, who has been our Coeur de Lion does not, WLS say, want to return to France but would like to stay.
OK, it's newspaper talk but WLS get it right more often than not.
Something is very wrong at the Rs. The only player that has really looked up for the fight recently is George Thomas. Oh, and Ossie Kakay when he came on as sub.

Hanuhoff
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Hanuhoff » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:19 pm

He has acted with dignity and class throughout his tenure and that has extended to his exit. He's had the smallest budget of any manager since Briatore came in and has considerably improved us. More to the point, this is the proudest I've been to support the club for many a year. I wish him well in whatever he does next.

Having said that, memories are short in football and if the next manager improves us, he'll be quickly forgotten. So in that way, I hope he is. But I really don't know who we can realistically bring in that would be any better under current circumstances.

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:24 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:42 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:33 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:

The club statement suggests otherwise. They clearly think we can do better. Time will tell, I guess.

As do Warburton's comments in the WLS interview. A sad way for it to end. He leaves with țhe club in a far better place than when he arrived. It's a big call for a club with a fairly poor record of appointments overall.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:40 pm

Hanuhoff wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:19 pm
He has acted with dignity and class throughout his tenure and that has extended to his exit. He's had the smallest budget of any manager since Briatore came in and has considerably improved us. More to the point, this is the proudest I've been to support the club for many a year. I wish him well in whatever he does next.

Having said that, memories are short in football and if the next manager improves us, he'll be quickly forgotten. So in that way, I hope he is. But I really don't know who we can realistically bring in that would be any better under current circumstances.
Very good post. I think the club got lucky with MW and I don't trust them to bring in a trustworthy replacement given their record. It's a bloody shambles.

Wegerle
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:48 pm

To be honest I was still on the fence concerning Warburton. He did a great job for us and is a very decent bloke. However he has run out of steam the past months and just couldn't get it going anymore which frustrated himself more than anyone else.
Only time will tell now if this was the right choice.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:53 pm

Absolutely gutted.

Bad decision IMO.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:11 pm

Wegerle wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:48 pm
To be honest I was still on the fence concerning Warburton. He did a great job for us and is a very decent bloke. However he has run out of steam the past months and just couldn't get it going anymore which frustrated himself more than anyone else.
Only time will tell now if this was the right choice.
Maybe it wasn't him that ran out of steam. Injuries notwithstanding, the Rangers' absolute collapse in form points to issues at the club.
When players that displayed such camaraderie over a season and a half can hardly be bothered to run out on the pitch then it's clear there is a major problem behind the scenes.

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:33 pm

I expect to see Chris Hughton appointed. Who else is there we can afford? Ollie again? Actually, we could do a lot worse except he'd probably tell them to shove it.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare