Bernie Ecclestone...

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3891
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Bernie Ecclestone...

Post by Andy_N19 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:50 pm

A man of his time although which time period perhaps Edward Colston (he of Bristol) might know.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/ ... ite-people

And to think he was associated with our club. sick
Staff Benda Bilili

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21484
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Bernie Ecclestone...

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:04 pm

What an odious POS.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10328
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Bernie Ecclestone...

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:42 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:04 pm
What an odious POS.
Indeed. I wonder what first attracted his 47 years younger fiancé to this tall, dark and handsome billionaire. His mind, I guess.

And I see they have a child due just before his 90th birthday. Yikes.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21484
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Bernie Ecclestone...

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:50 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:42 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:04 pm
What an odious POS.
Indeed. I wonder what first attracted his 47 years younger fiancé to this tall, dark and handsome billionaire. His mind, I guess.

And I see they have a child due just before his 90th birthday. Yikes.
I knew you were taking the piss when you used the word tall. :lol:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5512
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Bernie Ecclestone...

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:43 am

I liked lil Bernie..... Much more than his odious co owner Flav....

Politics and sport are a bad mix, I'm struggling to accept this bending the knee before matches and the EPL and Premier League has misread the mood of the public...

Kick it out? Totally and utterly support it
2020/2021.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21484
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Bernie Ecclestone...

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:49 pm

I don't get why taking a knee for a few seconds before kick off triggers so many people. If it helps BAME people to be given the level of respect and equality they deserve then I am all for it. All it does is highlight that there is a need for something to be done. I have seen a lot of responses along the lines of ALL LIVES Matter! and if that is true, then why get triggered by BLM. Nobody gets triggered by honouring the dead and fallen at football so why this?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10328
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Bernie Ecclestone...

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:04 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:43 am
I liked lil Bernie..... Much more than his odious co owner Flav....

Politics and sport are a bad mix, I'm struggling to accept this bending the knee before matches and the EPL and Premier League has misread the mood of the public...

Kick it out? Totally and utterly support it
I can't see what's political about publicly acknowledging that Black Lives Matter. Seems a humanitarian issue to me.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5512
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Bernie Ecclestone...

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:08 pm

Publically shaming people to take a knee is WRONG....

Read the BBC report today of Lewis Hamilton saying some drivers needed "educating" about racism due to their refusal to take a knee as they feel uncomfortable as an extreme left wing organisation has hijacked an important movement.... I believe they will have "end racism" on shirts instead

How many BAME are involved in F1?

I don't know and don't care.....

Football has had kick it out for some years so why the need to jump on the band wagon?

I was fortunate enough to as a kid attend the England match where Viv Anderson was the first BAME player to play for England....

As a very minor Sunday league referee, if on resumption of SL I'm asked to take time by the teams playing before a match to celebrate "BLM" or "end racism" or whatever...

I'll happily oblige but I will stand in silence on my part and not kneel.. the FA, the league or anyone connected with football tells me I have to do it

They can get fcuked!
2020/2021.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

patrickqpr
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:58 pm
Location: Johannesburg

Re: Bernie Ecclestone...

Post by patrickqpr » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:40 pm

[/Publically shaming people to take a knee is WRONG....

Read the BBC report today of Lewis Hamilton saying some drivers needed "educating" about racism due to their refusal to take a knee as they feel uncomfortable as an extreme left wing organisation has hijacked an important movement.... I believe they will have "end racism" on shirts instead

How many BAME are involved in F1?

I don't know and don't care.....

Football has had kick it out for some years so why the need to jump on the band wagon?

I was fortunate enough to as a kid attend the England match where Viv Anderson was the first BAME player to play for England....

As a very minor Sunday league referee, if on resumption of SL I'm asked to take time by the teams playing before a match to celebrate "BLM" or "end racism" or whatever...

I'll happily oblige but I will stand in silence on my part and not kneel.. the FA, the league or anyone connected with football tells me I have to do it

They can get fcuked!
quote]

Well said

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10328
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Bernie Ecclestone...

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:43 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:08 pm
Publically shaming people to take a knee is WRONG....

Read the BBC report today of Lewis Hamilton saying some drivers needed "educating" about racism due to their refusal to take a knee as they feel uncomfortable as an extreme left wing organisation has hijacked an important movement.... I believe they will have "end racism" on shirts instead

How many BAME are involved in F1?

I don't know and don't care.....

Football has had kick it out for some years so why the need to jump on the band wagon?

I was fortunate enough to as a kid attend the England match where Viv Anderson was the first BAME player to play for England....

As a very minor Sunday league referee, if on resumption of SL I'm asked to take time by the teams playing before a match to celebrate "BLM" or "end racism" or whatever...

I'll happily oblige but I will stand in silence on my part and not kneel.. the FA, the league or anyone connected with football tells me I have to do it

They can get fcuked!
I'm not aware of anyone in football being told they have to take a knee, nor should they be. I'd have to wonder to why someone would refuse to do so though. It's a gesture of solidarity rather than submission. Would you take a knee for the Queen ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5512
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Bernie Ecclestone...

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:09 pm

What about taking a knee to propose to my girlfriend?

Which I did btw last month, she's the only Queen in my life Uxbridge....

That good enough an answer? naughty
2020/2021.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10328
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Bernie Ecclestone...

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:58 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:09 pm
What about taking a knee to propose to my girlfriend?

Which I did btw last month, she's the only Queen in my life Uxbridge....

That good enough an answer? naughty
I guess the question now is, was hers a good enough answer ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5512
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Bernie Ecclestone...

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:13 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:58 pm
Systemsguy wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:09 pm
What about taking a knee to propose to my girlfriend?

Which I did btw last month, she's the only Queen in my life Uxbridge....

That good enough an answer? naughty
I guess the question now is, was hers a good enough answer ?
Gladly she's very happy for me to be her King.....😁

The pandemic made me realise life is too short for regrets and no I never expected to want to re -marry!
2020/2021.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10328
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Bernie Ecclestone...

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:20 pm

I'm glad something good came out of the pandemic then. Congratulations.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5512
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Bernie Ecclestone...

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:02 pm

Thanks Ux

I'd never wish this pandemic on my worse enemy but yes something good has come out of it for me...
2020/2021.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

Post Reply