Scowen?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

PeterS
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Scowen?

Post by PeterS » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:05 am

Out of contract at the end of the season and we have not opened contract negotiations so we obviously are happy to see him leave. I am not a big fan but not sure that Ball or Pugh offer more other than maybe defensive discipline

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Scowen?

Post by White Duck » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:12 am

I was disappointed not to see Scowen play yesterday: offers so much more than Ball does. Warburton obviously doesn't rate him though.
Lex Talionis........

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:57 pm

In his first season he did well as part of Scowongoman but has regressed and fallen out of favour since then. I think he'll be let go in the summer. He came on a free so we wouldn't be losing out. We'll definitely need to replace him with another CDM.

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:37 pm

Ball is miles better than Scowen, who has had plenty of chances with this manager and the last. I like him, but running his contract down is the right decision.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:53 pm

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere there have been some issues with his attitude - of course, that might be due to his lack of game time, but may also be the reason for that.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:51 pm

Greyhound wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:37 pm
Ball is miles better than Scowen, who has had plenty of chances with this manager and the last. I like him, but running his contract down is the right decision.
Agree. I’ve been so surprised by Ball, he’s a very good player.

Not sure about Pugh at all. Looks well past his best to me.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:45 pm

SM wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:51 pm
Greyhound wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:37 pm
Agree. I’ve been so surprised by Ball, he’s a very good player.

Not sure about Pugh at all. Looks well past his best to me.
Ball has been better than anyone expected but he is still very limited, and offers very little when we are chasing the game as we were last night.
Lex Talionis........

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:16 pm

I think you're being harsh Duck. Bear in mind how little he's played, I think he's got great potential and we have only seen a few glimpses of what he can do. He's had a few dodgy games, and last night was probably one of them, but he's one of the success of this season's crop of players for me.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:41 pm

Good, honest player...not an outstanding one...giving what he can all the time....appreciate his effort...I like him...but I am not going to cry if and when he leaves...

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:40 am

I reckon he figured out that he was not really the type of player Mark Warburton was looking for, an started the season looking to prove a point. Now he's entering the back end of the season knowing that he hasn't. I think that wonder goal came too late.
Some people have called him selfish and said he should stick to CDMing. I can see that argument. He did seem to spend a lot of his time in that Swansea cup game playing counter-intuitively in front of Shodipo. But I just don't believe he's built to be the kind of tidy CDM that Warburton wants, and thinking back to his performance last year against Swansea, I can't blame him for trying for a more attacking role.
I feel a little sad about it. I know he was mistreated online, but I always found him to be a very likeable player, for the reasons Giorgio has just given.