Match Thread: Middlesbrough v Queens Park Rangers FC

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Match Thread: Middlesbrough v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by Rbee » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:56 pm

A season defining game so early in the season. A real battle, injuries, down to ten but still managed to score twice and see the game out.

Brilliant stuff.

I hope we find out what Warnock's problem is :lol:

guyrob07
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by guyrob07 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:57 pm

What a game!

Lumley doing what he did for us over and over again letting one in at his near post. Wilock MOTM, assist and a goal, ghosted past players. Let’s hope the injuries to Wallace and Dyke aren’t anything too serious. The team need a good rest before we go again 12.30 Saturday.

Bit concerned Austin will see a ban for his head but against Grant Hall, if Dyke’s out we should try Wilock up top think he could do a job, demonstrates great hold up play.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:03 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:53 pm
Warnock once again shows himself up. Likes to dish it out but cannot take it.
How true. Watching him almost spontaneously combust while lambasting the officials at the end really topped the night off :lol:
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

DroopStreetOldBoys
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by DroopStreetOldBoys » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:16 pm

Terrific result given the circumstances. Was it them we beat with 10 men when Dieng got sent off?

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:34 pm

DroopStreetOldBoys wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:16 pm
Terrific result given the circumstances. Was it them we beat with 10 men when Dieng got sent off?
It sure was…

whittonhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by whittonhoop » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:03 pm

That game showed the benefit of the signings down the spine of the team, strong, experienced, leaders and we saw it out.

Impressive battling type performance, with a little quality thrown in, Willock looks better every game.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:14 pm

A quote from Warnock says referee saw Charlie's headbutt and adjudged fit a clash of heads - I think the rules say retrospective action where the officials haven't seen the incident - this indicates otherwise so maybe gets lucky with escaping a ban?

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:22 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:14 pm
A quote from Warnock says referee saw Charlie's headbutt and adjudged fit a clash of heads - I think the rules say retrospective action where the officials haven't seen the incident - this indicates otherwise so maybe gets lucky with escaping a ban?
He’s definitely going to get a ban for that. Frustratingly as that will be the second time in as many seasons.

Phenomenal result though. No idea how we managed it!
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:30 am

SM wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:22 pm
Devonranger wrote:
He’s definitely going to get a ban for that. Frustratingly as that will be the second time in as many seasons.

What is the criteria for a ban. The FL cannot change the rules to suite themselves. The referee gave a free kick so saw it and his interpretation it was not a sending off offence. As far as the rules for retrospective punishment is concerned as I understand them that is the end of the matter. Of course we are QPR and they are the FL so ……..

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:38 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:30 am
SM wrote:
Devonranger wrote:

What is the criteria for a ban. The FL cannot change the rules to suite themselves. The referee gave a free kick so saw it and his interpretation it was not a sending off offence. As far as the rules for retrospective punishment is concerned as I understand them that is the end of the matter. Of course we are QPR and they are the FL so ……..
Shall we check the law before we accuse the FA of gross unfairness.
Firstly, it’s important to state that the principal objective behind retrospective action is to punish players who have clearly committed a red card offence ‘off the ball’.

It is not designed to ‘re-referee’ tackles but can be applied if an act of violent conduct or serious foul play occurred secondary to the challenge or if the match officials’ view of the specific misconduct was unclear.

In order for The FA to take retrospective action it must first establish from the match officials whether the incident was ‘not seen’. If they confirm they did see it then in almost all cases no further action is taken.

There are extraordinary exceptions, such as in the case involving Ben Thatcher [Manchester City versus Portsmouth in 2006]. If it is confirmed the match officials did not see the incident, The FA convenes a panel of three ex-professional referees and asks them to review the video footage independently of one another.

Only in circumstances where the panel members are unanimous will the player be charged. For more information visit:
The referee gave a free kick but given there was wrestling it could well have been for that and him not having 'seen' the clash of heads. If that's the case then we can expect a review and a likely ban. I'd be surprised if it met the definition of extraordinary exception which sounds pretty arbitrary. Devon suggests the ref did see it but i don't trust Warnock's reporting.

Charlie looked guilty as sin tbh, albeit slightly surprised at himself. It's stupid and leaves us very short. I agree with the earlier poster that i'd play Willock ahead of Kelman. That could allow us to put another body in the middle and give Johansen a bit more license to roam.
UxbridgeR wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:03 pm
QPR_John wrote:
How true. Watching him almost spontaneously combust while lambasting the officials at the end really topped the night off :lol:
It really did. It looked like Dickie was winding him up and pissing himself at the reaction. I was bit worried he might end up on manslaughter charge at one point.

Superb result all around.

DroopStreetOldBoys
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by DroopStreetOldBoys » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:22 pm

It did look like a deliberate nut, but Hall's reaction didn't seem that of somebody who had just been assaulted. So maybe, just maybe, there was, at least a bit, of truth in the stop-start-momentum theory. I have noticed a lot of media going with the "what a twat Warnock is" angle, so hopefully that has taken a bit of the heat off.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:32 pm

DroopStreetOldBoys wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:22 pm
It did look like a deliberate nut, but Hall's reaction didn't seem that of somebody who had just been assaulted. So maybe, just maybe, there was, at least a bit, of truth in the stop-start-momentum theory. I have noticed a lot of media going with the "what a twat Warnock is" angle, so hopefully that has taken a bit of the heat off.
I thought Austin definitely dropped it on him and tbf Hall could have made a much bigger deal of it. Fingers crossed we get away with it?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:33 pm

Satch wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:38 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:30 am
SM wrote:

Shall we check the law before we accuse the FA of gross unfairness.
Firstly, it’s important to state that the principal objective behind retrospective action is to punish players who have clearly committed a red card offence ‘off the ball’.

It is not designed to ‘re-referee’ tackles but can be applied if an act of violent conduct or serious foul play occurred secondary to the challenge or if the match officials’ view of the specific misconduct was unclear.

In order for The FA to take retrospective action it must first establish from the match officials whether the incident was ‘not seen’. If they confirm they did see it then in almost all cases no further action is taken.

There are extraordinary exceptions, such as in the case involving Ben Thatcher [Manchester City versus Portsmouth in 2006]. If it is confirmed the match officials did not see the incident, The FA convenes a panel of three ex-professional referees and asks them to review the video footage independently of one another.

Only in circumstances where the panel members are unanimous will the player be charged. For more information visit:
The referee gave a free kick but given there was wrestling it could well have been for that and him not having 'seen' the clash of heads. If that's the case then we can expect a review and a likely ban. I'd be surprised if it met the definition of extraordinary exception which sounds pretty arbitrary. Devon suggests the ref did see it but i don't trust Warnock's reporting.

Charlie looked guilty as sin tbh, albeit slightly surprised at himself. It's stupid and leaves us very short. I agree with the earlier poster that i'd play Willock ahead of Kelman. That could allow us to put another body in the middle and give Johansen a bit more license to roam.
UxbridgeR wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:03 pm
QPR_John wrote:
It really did. It looked like Dickie was winding him up and pissing himself at the reaction. I was bit worried he might end up on manslaughter charge at one point.

Superb result all around.
“ Shall we check the law before we accuse the FA of gross unfairness.”

Well a qualified referee on LoftforWords seems to think as a free kick was awarded there should be no further action taken. As far as unfairness goes they do have previous.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:41 pm

Posted this in another thread, but here's the video of the Charlie incident. It was pretty obvious what he was doing.

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:18 am

deadendjob wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:41 pm
Posted this in another thread, but here's the video of the Charlie incident. It was pretty obvious what he was doing.
Clear intent... poorly executed.

All joking and heat of the battle/passion arguments aside, this is unacceptable. Professional players should be professional at all times, at least put your back into it.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.