Just got back….

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ZENITH R

Just got back….

Post by ZENITH R » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:59 am

Actually been back a while, but cracked a rather nice bottle of red to celebrate.

OMG!

That was the bast second half I have seen since we scored 5 times to draw 5-5 with Newcastle.

The game tonight had everything. A penalty, a red card, an own goal, an away win, 10 minutes of injury time. It was amazing.

I reckon 500-600 QPR fans were there, and what an atmosphere. Let’s be honest we didn’t play very well, and at half time I feared the worse.

We were the better team, but that doesn’t guarantee you the points, and a few misplaced passes did nothing to promote confidence. But they came through.

One negative … we continue to give away sillly fouls - the shirt pulling In the box, Charlie’s head butt (which he will surely be punished for) both unnecessary and ill advised. If this season is to be as good as we hope it will be, we need to cut out the petty nonsense.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Just got back….

Post by Devonranger » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:45 am

"One negative … we continue to give away sillly fouls - the shirt pulling In the box, Charlie’s head butt (which he will surely be punished for) both unnecessary and ill advised. If this season is to be as good as we hope it will be, we need to cut out the petty nonsense."

Surely forwards challenges.... :wink:

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:26 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:59 am
Actually been back a while, but cracked a rather nice bottle of red to celebrate.

OMG!

That was the bast second half I have seen since we scored 5 times to draw 5-5 with Newcastle.

The game tonight had everything. A penalty, a red card, an own goal, an away win, 10 minutes of injury time. It was amazing.

I reckon 500-600 QPR fans were there, and what an atmosphere. Let’s be honest we didn’t play very well, and at half time I feared the worse.

We were the better team, but that doesn’t guarantee you the points, and a few misplaced passes did nothing to promote confidence. But they came through.

One negative … we continue to give away sillly fouls - the shirt pulling In the box, Charlie’s head butt (which he will surely be punished for) both unnecessary and ill advised. If this season is to be as good as we hope it will be, we need to cut out the petty nonsense.
I did not see the whole thing (laptop battery died) but it seems the referee gave a free kick hence he saw the incident. Unless the FL have changed the rules that is the end of the matter.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:32 am

Yes, we are giving away a lot of free kicks in potentially dangerous positions. I always feel that some players are just a hoot and a holler away from a red card. Cameron last season certainly, this season Austin and Ball. Still, it's not a shrinking violets game.
As for game management, we suffered from other teams' use of it in recent seasons - it's the way the game has gone these days.
Boro were time wasting from the 7th minute and yet the ref only added 1 minute, which refs do anyway. Second half, a massive 10 minutes.
Still a fantastic second half by our lads. I hope Barnsley don't play with the manic intensity that they did against us last season. We need to be up for it from the off.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:36 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:26 am
ZENITH R wrote:
I did not see the whole thing (laptop battery died) but it seems the referee gave a free kick hence he saw the incident. Unless the FL have changed the rules that is the end of the matter.
Here's the video of it. It was pretty obvious from Charlie.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:07 am

deadendjob wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:36 pm
QPR_John wrote:
ZENITH R wrote:
Well a qualified referee on LforW said as the referee awarded a free kick there can be no retrospective punishment. I would have expected any action form the FL to have been announced by now. It is interesting that so many supporters seem to want Austin to be punished

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:13 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:07 am
deadendjob wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:36 pm
QPR_John wrote:

Well a qualified referee on LforW said as the referee awarded a free kick there can be no retrospective punishment. I would have expected any action form the FL to have been announced by now. It is interesting that so many supporters seem to want Austin to be punished
Yep it is an odd one. Right up there with having to have a player as a scapegoat to slag off. Some fans seem to be really struggling with how well the team are doing after so many years of uncertainty and dross.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:41 pm

I certainly don't want him banned but if he isn't i'll think we got lucky and given he's already had one ban for violent conduct since his return i'd like to hope it's the last we see of this side of his game. He's always going to put it about up front which is something we need but we don't have the squad depth for him to step over the line and start missing 3 or 4 games at a time. I'm delighted with how well we're doing and really don't want to see anything derail that.

Is there any news on Dykes and Wallace?

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:48 pm

Satch wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:41 pm
I certainly don't want him banned but if he isn't i'll think we got lucky and given he's already had one ban for violent conduct since his return i'd like to hope it's the last we see of this side of his game. He's always going to put it about up front which is something we need but we don't have the squad depth for him to step over the line and start missing 3 or 4 games at a time. I'm delighted with how well we're doing and really don't want to see anything derail that.

Is there any news on Dykes and Wallace?
Wallace appears to be crocked but LD was running around and jumping about at the end of the game so will possibly be in contention for tomorrow.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.