Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Barnsley

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Barnsley

Post by Mr Beef » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:02 pm

guyrob07 wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:38 pm
Dom Ball for me is a key player, didn't think i'd be saying that but was really missed in the first half. Loved t how MW made changes so soon after going 2-0 down, shows real tactical awareness.

Fair play to Warbs. He got it wrong at the start, maybe had overthought the players being tired, maybe not, either way he corrected it fairly early on. Bloke near me was calling for Dozzell to play at left wing back so it could have been worse. A decent point overall though.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:55 pm

I've seen people saying it was Seny's error for the first and yeah, he could've done better, but this is just shocking from Kakay.

guyrob07
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by guyrob07 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:05 am

Not convinced by Kakay, unfortunately his positioning is all over the place. He posses good physical attributes but in terms of football IQ needs working on. Pleasing to see Barbet can slot in at left back if needed, point saving assist. Is there any proof out there that he can score from free kicks? Can only recall a handful being close. Surely we have better options. I wonder if Sam Mccullum can play right back?

carrotstick
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by carrotstick » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:17 am

guyrob07 wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:05 am
Not convinced by Kakay, unfortunately his positioning is all over the place. He posses good physical attributes but in terms of football IQ needs working on. Pleasing to see Barbet can slot in at left back if needed, point saving assist. Is there any proof out there that he can score from free kicks? Can only recall a handful being close. Surely we have better options. I wonder if Sam Mccullum can play right back?
Kakay seemed to position himself well in the last minute when it was him against 2 attackers, which stopped a certain winner for them.
That said, there is a mistake waiting to happen in all our players, I guess that is what you get in our division.
I wish we could have a game where we play well for a full 90 minutes, we seem to pick which 45 minutes to perform in and do nothing in the other.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:23 am

Thought the key was being patient and keeping and using the ball under pressure. That was right across the pitch - times in the first half when players like Chair had the chance to bring the ball down and needed to be brave but just volleyed or headed it on. Playing against the press need all your players to show for the ball, defenders, keeper, everyone. Kakay was caught out of position for the goal and they seemed to target his side with overloads but plenty of players culpable up to that point, for us not being able to play our way out of that initially.

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:44 pm

Kakay was also partially culpable for their second goal. They played the ball around him and he as caught flat footed.... watching. He could have made a better effort to block the cut back. Too slow to react.
He did better on the Right, but not a great outing.

Willlock and Chair had very good games. Nice to see some signs of life in the last 20 mins.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:12 pm

I thought Johansen was more at fault for the second goal than Kakay to be fair. Very poor defending for the first one although as was pointed above, he made a fantastic recovery run to prevent them nicking it in the last minute.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:21 pm

I like Kakay, he seems a really genuine player. The fault in the first half was changing the formation ostensibly to suit the fit players available. Ok, with the benefit of hindsight that didn't work but MW can't get it right every time. The new formation sermed to unsettle the players and even simple passes went astray. Changing that formation before half time made a world of difference.
I think the Coventry game will be more like what we've come to expect of this team.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:08 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:12 pm
I thought Johansen was more at fault for the second goal than Kakay to be fair.
....I think the ref was at fault.... :twisted: :twisted: if I am not wrong he did not concede a free kick near the Barnsley's box where Charlie was hugged and taken down...so they counterattacked and then it came the goal....after the goal I saw Charlie talking to the ref in a not very cordial way...with the prick-in-yellow gesturing something back...

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:03 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:12 pm
I thought Johansen was more at fault for the second goal than Kakay to be fair. Very poor defending for the first one although as was pointed above, he made a fantastic recovery run to prevent them nicking it in the last minute.
Yeah Stefan dropped his man. The frustration is it looked like Kakay could potentially have got there if he was more aware.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:59 pm

Bit harsh to point the finger at Kakay for yesterday. Other players were just as bad but their mistakes (which were just as bad) were in midfield and up front. And Kakay put in a match saving interception to get us something out of the game.
Come on you Sooopa ........

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:55 pm

I thought they all looked tired. No surprise there after the efforts on Wednesday ... plus the long drive home, I'm guessing it was well into the early hours before any of them saw their beds. Throw into the mix, they played almost the whole of the second half with 10 men, and then played 10 minutes of injury time. It is no wonder they were tired.

When human beings are tired they make mistakes and their concentration is not where it should be. That's what we saw yesterday" Oh yes, we also kicked off 2 1/2 hours earlier than most other games, so no chance of an extra hour in bed.

Roll on the International break to recharge the batteries.

I expect to see a team of youngsters and fringe players on Tuesday, and though I hate to say it, maybe a defeat might not be a bad thing in the long run. I think we all hope to be in the mix for promotion come the end of the season, and if the price of that is losing in the early rounds of the cups ... so be it.

Scratch that ... Come on you Superhoops!
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.