Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Coventry City

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Coventry City

Post by 222gers » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:21 pm

Coventry were a sight better than most of us expected. The tantalising thing is that despite not really being at our best yet this season, here we are unbeaten and high up in the table.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:40 am

Yes, we said exactly what Warburton said in his post match: if we can beat a team like Coventry while not being at our best, we're doing something right. That is a mark of a team going places.

Dykes made all the difference and changed the game. I hope that silences those remaining critics who feel he's not good enough. He is.

DroopStreetOldBoys
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by DroopStreetOldBoys » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:02 am

Very pleased with what was a hard fought win. What gives me encouragement is that we have goals in us and they're spread around the team. It feels like it's been a while since we haven't been so heavily reliant on a couple of players to score.

I wonder what sort of offer for Dykes would people think is acceptable now, compared to 9 months ago?

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:17 am

DroopStreetOldBoys wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:02 am
Very pleased with what was a hard fought win. What gives me encouragement is that we have goals in us and they're spread around the team. It feels like it's been a while since we haven't been so heavily reliant on a couple of players to score.

I wonder what sort of offer for Dykes would people think is acceptable now, compared to 9 months ago?
An offer of marriage? :D
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:08 am

...well...I was telling my mates in the Upper Loft..."We can't play only one striker at home...Charlie can't bear the entire attack all alone....we need a second striker to pair with him..."

Dykes came on and after one minutes he/we scored....and the match changed....we scored a second and Coventry vanished, melted....
making even some school boy errors...at that point it could have been 3 or 4 up....

So, yes, we can be good but we tend to leave the initiative too much, especially at the beginning...
it has happened in all the games I have attended (Millwall, Barnsley and Coventry) and I have been told Oxford too...

DroopStreetOldBoys
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by DroopStreetOldBoys » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:45 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:17 am

You're commitment to the cause is admirable. If you think it'll keep him here I'd gladly be your best man at the wedding, just don't go tiring him out on the honeymoon if it's close to a matchday.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:34 pm

Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:45 am
Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:17 am

You're commitment to the cause is admirable. If you think it'll keep him here I'd gladly be your best man at the wedding, just don't go tiring him out on the honeymoon if it's close to a matchday.

I'll have to learn Gaelic first so we can talk to each other. :?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.