Reading Tickets... What A Shambles

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Reading Tickets... What A Shambles

Post by SM » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:42 pm

Anyone else miss out today?
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

bigbobb
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Reading Tickets... What A Shambles

Post by bigbobb » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:18 am

um - miss out?

Please explain as I intend going but haven't bought my tickets yet ...

:?
This time we'll get it right - just believe! :wink:

carrotstick
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by carrotstick » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:06 am

SM wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:42 pm
Anyone else miss out today?
Yep, me as well.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:18 am

Me too. Looked at it on Tuesday and there wasn't even any information about when they would go on sale. Then they all go straight to general sale without any notification. Shambles is the right word.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:00 am

bigbobb wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:18 am
um - miss out?

Please explain as I intend going but haven't bought my tickets yet ...

:?
All sold out within 2 hours. No pre-warning of when tickets were being released.

Went straight on general sale, loyalty points didn’t count for anything.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:02 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:18 am
Me too. Looked at it on Tuesday and there wasn't even any information about when they would go on sale. Then they all go straight to general sale without any notification. Shambles is the right word.
The club are getting absolutely hammered (rightly so!) on Twitter. There are fans that went to Boro away that didn’t get a look in.

Monumental cock-up.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:10 am

The whole ticketing issue has been shambolic starting with the digital entry introduction.
However, the box office staff are excellent - always friendly and helpful in my experience.

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:20 pm

Useless Dogs
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

whittonhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by whittonhoop » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:44 pm

Oh no was planning on going too, was checking everyday, can’t believe they went so soon

redinjun
dot.org player kit sponsor

Post by redinjun » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:13 pm

Normally at Reading we sell out our initial allocation then get some more.

Has anyone asked if there will be a 2nd release?

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:32 pm

redinjun wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:13 pm

AFAIK the 2nd allocation sold instantly. A lot of fans are registering on the Reading site to buy tickets close to the away end but there is a danger of RFC spotting a pattern and doing what Portsmouth did; cancelling the tickets and refunding the money.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:46 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:32 pm
redinjun wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:13 pm

AFAIK the 2nd allocation sold instantly. A lot of fans are registering on the Reading site to buy tickets close to the away end but there is a danger of RFC spotting a pattern and doing what Portsmouth did; cancelling the tickets and refunding the money.
Yes, I thought Reading would cotton on to a load of new fans from non-Reading addresses.
There can't be many other fields of human endeavour where paying customers find their money is no good.

bigbobb
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by bigbobb » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:00 pm

I can just about understand QPR requesting a small first batch of tickets if that was based on the experience of previous years.

However I do not comprehend in any way whatever why Reading would not then give us more when asked as their attendances do not get anywhere near to the point of needing to restrict us - the average pre-covid was 11.275 in a stadium rated as holding 24,000.

I do wonder if it really is a case of they don't want Home fans to be outnumbered by Away fans in which case you have to wonder what they will do when some of the teams with larger numbers of away fans visit them.

It really is nonesensical from a fan segration and security point of view too as many Away fans will just buy tickets in the Home areas.

I was intending to take my Great Nephew to his first professional game - he lives in Reading and his mother has already offered to get our tickets in the home support areas, which would presuambly be processed as they have no means of knowing different from their postcode!

It would be good to think common sense would prevail or the police give them some advice.

The final craziness is that I thought they needed money and turning away business seems an odd way to go about it... aniwall
This time we'll get it right - just believe! :wink:

redinjun

Post by redinjun » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:37 pm

Looking at the Reading website it looks like they’ve already sold tickets in the blocks next to the away fans, so can understand them not being able to have more tickets available for us.

It’s just dumb luck that both organisations failed to calibrate demand, with a bit of common sense Reading could have sold the whole away end, still I’m up for swimming downstream.

As I live in Reading I’m optimistic I’ll get some tickets, how many do you think I could buy before they started getting suspicious?

If anyone gets pushback on home tickets please do pm me and I’ll be happy to see if I can help. :D

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:56 am

bigbobb wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:00 pm
I can just about understand QPR requesting a small first batch of tickets if that was based on the experience of previous years.

However I do not comprehend in any way whatever why Reading would not then give us more when asked as their attendances do not get anywhere near to the point of needing to restrict us - the average pre-covid was 11.275 in a stadium rated as holding 24,000.

I do wonder if it really is a case of they don't want Home fans to be outnumbered by Away fans in which case you have to wonder what they will do when some of the teams with larger numbers of away fans visit them.

It really is nonesensical from a fan segration and security point of view too as many Away fans will just buy tickets in the Home areas.

I was intending to take my Great Nephew to his first professional game - he lives in Reading and his mother has already offered to get our tickets in the home support areas, which would presuambly be processed as they have no means of knowing different from their postcode!

It would be good to think common sense would prevail or the police give them some advice.

The final craziness is that I thought they needed money and turning away business seems an odd way to go about it... aniwall
The South Stand at Reading used to be solely designated for away fans, meaning there were potentially around 4300 tickets available if there were sufficient demand. However about three years ago, half of that stand was given over to a home fans group called Club 1871, whose goal is to get fans who want to make a noise and support their team together in the same area. There are some season ticket holders there, so they can't just be turfed out on a whim. As a result, the maximum away allocation for league games is around half of what it used to be, and those tickets went very quickly on Wednesday.

I don't think it's been an issue for us in the last few years because the game has been both midweek and live on TV, so there would have been fewer travelling fans anyway. I'd like to have gone, but feel sorrier for people who go to places like Middlesbrough midweek and have missed out here. That can't be right.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?