Warburton Set For Sack - Daily Mail

Post by SM » Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:02 am

Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Warburton Set For Sack - Daily Mail

Post by 222gers » Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:04 am

No, no…a thousand time no. Don't know where that saying comes from but that's how I feel.

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:20 am

It's all been a big let down these past few weeks but this would be absolutely wrong. Houdini couldn't save this season. MW has done a minor miracle with the players at his disposal. He hasn't got everything right but even our greatest managers like Venners and Dave Sexton made the odd error. That's football. This would be in my view a catastrophic error for attempted short term gain. It wouldn't work anyway. If it's going to be turned round then only M W will do it. Anyone got any ideas who they've got lined up? That's if it's true at all?
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:08 am

Well, unless we can persuade Bradford City to release Mark Hughes…….

Nw6ranger

Post by Nw6ranger » Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:59 am

Heard it on wireless last night. Not good if it's true.

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:37 pm

Montag wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:20 am
It's all been a big let down these past few weeks but this would be absolutely wrong. Houdini couldn't save this season. MW has done a minor miracle with the players at his disposal. He hasn't got everything right but even our greatest managers like Venners and Dave Sexton made the odd error. That's football. This would be in my view a catastrophic error for attempted short term gain. It wouldn't work anyway. If it's going to be turned round then only M W will do it. Anyone got any ideas who they've got lined up? That's if it's true at all?
If MW's demise is true, although I'm surprised that the club haven't denied the rumours yet, which is concerning, then I expect the usual suspects to be linked, ie Sherwood, Ainsworth, Houghton or even Warnock (although only to the end of the season).
In any respect, I think it's daft to consider a change now with only 7 games remaining. Might as well leave it until after the last game.

qprphilip

Post by qprphilip » Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:54 pm

Hopefully not true.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:16 pm

Dave McIntyre who's supposedly in the know has rubbished the rumour.
Lots of things wrong at the moment but not all in Warburton's control so I want him
to remain.
Ifang Bondi

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:15 pm

IJM wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:37 pm
Montag wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:20 am
If MW's demise is true, although I'm surprised that the club haven't denied the rumours yet, which is concerning, then I expect the usual suspects to be linked, ie Sherwood, Ainsworth, Houghton or even Warnock (although only to the end of the season).
In any respect, I think it's daft to consider a change now with only 7 games remaining. Might as well leave it until after the last game.
Unless they're thinking of letting the new geezer have a look at what he's got. Assuming there is a new geezer. Out of order if there is.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:01 pm

FFS....What delusional expectation is the board harboring if an upper-mid table finish is not good enough?

We should be consolidating the squad and strengthening for a proper challenge next year..

We've some good foundational pieces and a strong manager... time to splash some cash and support Mark
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:03 pm

The loans in January were our undoing.

Whoever was responsible for them and their subsequent game time, despite their abysmal efforts, has questions to answer.

pindarus

Post by pindarus » Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:03 pm

If you only look at the last 3 months he deserves to go - poor performances strange selections and uninspired signings.

However that ignores all the excellent work over the previous 3 years.

And who's available? Nobody whose Uber fare I'd fork out for.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:31 pm

Hopefully more wallpaper for the team toilets.....
2022/2023.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:23 am

Let’s put a few things into perspective … we have one if the smallest budgets in the division. We have had injuries to key players including our leading goal scorer and injuries to not one but four goalkeepers. The ANC definitely disrupted our rhythm, and let’s be totally honest - none of us expected promotion pre-season. The disappointment comes from raised expectations from our excellent season. Compare this one with any from the last five or six, and this one has been superb. Yes, there are some things that could have been done better. Our performances against the weaker teams in the division has been both frustrating and disappointing, but let’s not go OTT here. We are not currently good enough to be anything other than canon fodder in the Prem, so thanks, but no thanks. Let’s continue to build, and enjoy the journey.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

carrotstick
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by carrotstick » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:49 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:23 am
Let’s put a few things into perspective … we have one if the smallest budgets in the division. We have had injuries to key players including our leading goal scorer and injuries to not one but four goalkeepers. The ANC definitely disrupted our rhythm, and let’s be totally honest - none of us expected promotion pre-season. The disappointment comes from raised expectations from our excellent season. Compare this one with any from the last five or six, and this one has been superb. Yes, there are some things that could have been done better. Our performances against the weaker teams in the division has been both frustrating and disappointing, but let’s not go OTT here. We are not currently good enough to be anything other than canon fodder in the Prem, so thanks, but no thanks. Let’s continue to build, and enjoy the journey.
However, in January we were in a great position and had a realistic chance of getting a lot of money if we were to be promoted. This would have given the club a better & stable financial position. I know we would come straight back down, but that's not the point, we want our club to be financially stable and have blown it. I very much doubt that come January 2023 we will be challenging for promotion again