AV

For stuff that can only sensibly reside here. You have been warned. HERE LIVETH TROLLS!

Moderators: qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr

deepseahoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

AV

Postby deepseahoop » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:50 am

i still want to know who chose this form of alternative voting system? Surely there are a number of possible ways of counting votes why don't we have a choice or at least an open discussion on this. Typical badly organised con dem shite.
Crying won't help you praying won't do you no good

DroopStreetOldBoys
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Postby DroopStreetOldBoys » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:41 am

You answered your own question there.

wrinklyhoop
2010/11 Sponsor
2010/11 Sponsor

Re: AV

Postby wrinklyhoop » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:42 pm

deepseahoop wrote:i still want to know who chose this form of alternative voting system? Surely there are a number of possible ways of counting votes why don't we have a choice or at least an open discussion on this. Typical badly organised con dem shite.

Wasn't this the compromise solution? The Lib Dems wanted full PR and the Tories wanted FPTP to stay.

Nagoya attack

Postby Nagoya attack » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:14 pm

AV= Coming first in the 100metres and sharing bronze with third.

PR= the only chance the Lib dems will see power again.

JUST SAY NO!!!! :arrow: :!: 8)

deepseahoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Postby deepseahoop » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:43 pm

wrinklyhoop wrote:
deepseahoop wrote:i still want to know who chose this form of alternative voting system? Surely there are a number of possible ways of counting votes why don't we have a choice or at least an open discussion on this. Typical badly organised con dem shite.

Wasn't this the compromise solution? The Lib Dems wanted full PR and the Tories wanted FPTP to stay.

whose compromise? this is too big a subject and too important for the electorate to be given 2 choices when there are many more.

Its a disgrace and an afront to our useless excuse for a democracy :evil:

willo
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Postby willo » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:55 pm

deepseahoop wrote:
wrinklyhoop wrote:

whose compromise? this is too big a subject and too important for the electorate to be given 2 choices when there are many more.

Maybe it's a start though. The question we need to consider I think is whether any progress is better than none.

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Postby DAVEf » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:54 pm

Democracy innit.

Once you've voted (or not voted) that's your lot and your MP makes decisions for you.

And yet folk still keep electing MPs who have no choice but to follow party lines. Or are self-serving ****ers.

As a nation, we get what we deserve.

Though quite what we've done to deserve some of the non-political things we get lumbered with is still something of a mystery in my book.

Don
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Postby Don » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:24 am

deepseahoop wrote:
wrinklyhoop wrote:

And what did you do to be in a position to influence it?
I'm Ray Gardner. I drink Blackcurrant Tango. Come and get me!

wrinklyhoop
2010/11 Sponsor
2010/11 Sponsor

Postby wrinklyhoop » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:19 pm

willo wrote:
deepseahoop wrote:
wrinklyhoop wrote:

Maybe it's a start though. The question we need to consider I think is whether any progress is better than none.

I think on balance it's worth moving to AV just to try something a little different from FPTP, which I would guess the great majority of voters would have said is discredited.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Postby Esox Lucius » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:06 pm

It won't matter what voting system you choose you will still have a politician in the Houses of Parliament at the end of it and there isn't one of them worth a wet wank so to save money on focus groups and other shit and just spoil your vote every election by letting them know what a bunch of self serving tossers they are.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

willo
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Postby willo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:40 pm

wrinklyhoop wrote:
willo wrote:
deepseahoop wrote:
wrinklyhoop wrote:

I think on balance it's worth moving to AV just to try something a little different from FPTP, which I would guess the great majority of voters would have said is discredited.

That's what I'm thinking as well. This issue shouldn't be about giving Clegg a bloody nose or Cameron a bloody nose. It should be about the benefits of each system. For me, the No 2 AV (#no2av in twitter) campaign has been pretty negative so far - it has not extolled the virtues of FPTP and it should do.

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Postby DAVEf » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:20 pm

Why not have some kind of plan (imposed by the government) for any interim transition between systems

They could call it AV I T.

deepseahoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Postby deepseahoop » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:15 pm

willo wrote:
deepseahoop wrote:
wrinklyhoop wrote:

I did consider it until Clegg became it's poster boy now I'll vote AGAINST and only vote FOR when some thing comes up i agee with

Return to “RAOIS”