qprdot.org Forum Index qprdot.org
Message Board for QPR Fans - All Welcome!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Chat Room   Gallery
AV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deepseahoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: AV Reply with quote

i still want to know who chose this form of alternative voting system? Surely there are a number of possible ways of counting votes why don't we have a choice or at least an open discussion on this. Typical badly organised con dem shite.
DroopStreetOldBoys
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You answered your own question there.
wrinklyhoop
2010/11 Sponsor
2010/11 Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: AV Reply with quote

deepseahoop wrote:
i still want to know who chose this form of alternative voting system? Surely there are a number of possible ways of counting votes why don't we have a choice or at least an open discussion on this. Typical badly organised con dem shite.

Wasn't this the compromise solution? The Lib Dems wanted full PR and the Tories wanted FPTP to stay.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AV= Coming first in the 100metres and sharing bronze with third.

PR= the only chance the Lib dems will see power again.

JUST SAY NO!!!! Arrow Exclamation Cool
deepseahoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: AV Reply with quote

wrinklyhoop wrote:
deepseahoop wrote:

Wasn't this the compromise solution? The Lib Dems wanted full PR and the Tories wanted FPTP to stay.

whose compromise? this is too big a subject and too important for the electorate to be given 2 choices when there are many more.

Its a disgrace and an afront to our useless excuse for a democracy Evil or Very Mad
willo
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: AV Reply with quote

deepseahoop wrote:
wrinklyhoop wrote:
deepseahoop wrote:

whose compromise? this is too big a subject and too important for the electorate to be given 2 choices when there are many more.

Its a disgrace and an afront to our useless excuse for a democracy Evil or Very Mad

Maybe it's a start though. The question we need to consider I think is whether any progress is better than none.
DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: AV Reply with quote

deepseahoop wrote:

Democracy innit.

Once you've voted (or not voted) that's your lot and your MP makes decisions for you.

And yet folk still keep electing MPs who have no choice but to follow party lines. Or are self-serving ****ers.

As a nation, we get what we deserve.

Though quite what we've done to deserve some of the non-political things we get lumbered with is still something of a mystery in my book.
Don
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: AV Reply with quote

deepseahoop wrote:
wrinklyhoop wrote:
deepseahoop wrote:

And what did you do to be in a position to influence it?
wrinklyhoop
2010/11 Sponsor
2010/11 Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: AV Reply with quote

willo wrote:
deepseahoop wrote:
wrinklyhoop wrote:
deepseahoop wrote:

Maybe it's a start though. The question we need to consider I think is whether any progress is better than none.

I think on balance it's worth moving to AV just to try something a little different from FPTP, which I would guess the great majority of voters would have said is discredited.
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't matter what voting system you choose you will still have a politician in the Houses of Parliament at the end of it and there isn't one of them worth a wet wank so to save money on focus groups and other shit and just spoil your vote every election by letting them know what a bunch of self serving tossers they are.
willo
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: AV Reply with quote

wrinklyhoop wrote:
willo wrote:
deepseahoop wrote:
wrinklyhoop wrote:
deepseahoop wrote:

I think on balance it's worth moving to AV just to try something a little different from FPTP, which I would guess the great majority of voters would have said is discredited.

That's what I'm thinking as well. This issue shouldn't be about giving Clegg a bloody nose or Cameron a bloody nose. It should be about the benefits of each system. For me, the No 2 AV (#no2av in twitter) campaign has been pretty negative so far - it has not extolled the virtues of FPTP and it should do.
DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not have some kind of plan (imposed by the government) for any interim transition between systems

They could call it AV I T.
deepseahoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: AV Reply with quote

willo wrote:
deepseahoop wrote:
wrinklyhoop wrote:
deepseahoop wrote:

I did consider it until Clegg became it's poster boy now I'll vote AGAINST and only vote FOR when some thing comes up i agee with
Post new topic   Reply to topic    qprdot.org Forum Index -> RAOIS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: