Kyle Walker

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Kyle Walker

Post by dm » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:47 pm

It was mooted that £2.5m would buy Walker.

Surely he should be first on the shopping list come 1st January?

If not, why not?

Of course, this assumes that he'd want to come

les demoiselles d'avignon
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by les demoiselles d'avignon » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:58 pm

Agree totally - potentially a really great player

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:20 pm

He was stood outside the stadium tonight with a baseball cap on and one fan near me thought he was Adel!

I think we owe a big thank you to Harry Redknapp for loaning him to us ( can't imagine him selling him though...). Lets hope we can keep him for the season at least...
2021/2022.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

luke_mullet
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by luke_mullet » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:43 pm

I thought it came out a few weeks ago that the saucepan lids wanted £4mil? Considering they purchased him for £4-5 mil I doubt they would sell him for less as he is still only 20.

C F Extremadura
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by C F Extremadura » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:51 pm

if he doesnt sort out his defensive positioning issues before his undoubted searing pace fades, he wont be worth much at all..

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: Kyle Walker

Post by DAVEf » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:14 am

dm wrote:It was mooted that £2.5m would buy Walker.

If not, why not?

Mooted by who?

Redknapp is looking to push Spurs on even further. Why should they sell a young player (an English player at that) like Walker who could probably handle the Prem now and clearly has a great future, let alone for a relative pittance.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:17 am

DAVEf wrote:

If not, why not?

Mooted by who?

Redknapp is looking to push Spurs on even further. Why should they sell a young player (an English player at that) like Walker who could probably handle the Prem now and clearly has a great future, let alone for a relative pittance.
http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london ... z14KLClbSe

Fawny
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Fawny » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:39 am

luke_mullet wrote:I thought it came out a few weeks ago that the saucepan lids wanted £4mil? Considering they purchased him for £4-5 mil I doubt they would sell him for less as he is still only 20.
Luke, now come on. IF you're going to use rhyming slang, at least get it right.
"Saucepan lids" = kids.
I think the expression you're looking for is "Front wheels" as in Front Wheel Skid.
:roll:
:wink:

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:50 pm

dm wrote:
DAVEf wrote:

If not, why not?

Mooted by who?

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london ... z14KLClbSe

So Redknapp would let Walker go for a mere (by Prem standards) £2.5M. He can't rate him then can he. ethink

Parker
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Parker » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:24 pm

C F Extremadura wrote:if he doesnt sort out his defensive positioning issues before his undoubted searing pace fades, he wont be worth much at all..
This is quite true. You can't argue with his pace and he's great to watch going forward but in the premiership and against the better championship players there's no way he'd get away with relying on his pace to get him out of problems. Sometimes I think he's a bit lazy mentally assuming his pace will overcome his positional lapses. Not sure I'd spend 2.5million on him.

Der Blauweissengel
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Der Blauweissengel » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:50 pm

Which, if any, of the 8 goals we've conceded all season have been even partly Walker's fault?

where to look for streams
http://qprdot.org/viewtopic.php?p=556051#556051

Don't buy the Sun.

Parker
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Parker » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:31 pm

None at all. He's done really well in all games. I'm just saying he takes the odd risk that may be punished against better quality players. He's fine doing it now because he's better than most of the players he's up against but taking risks becomes a habit (bit like going through red traffic lights). When/if he plays in the Premiership he may find it harder.

W13hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by W13hoop » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:41 pm

Walker has been superb for us and is a real attacking threat.
I think he would be a great signing for us if its possible we have to go for him.

He is very quick and versatile too , I could see him making the right wing his main position as opposed to right back.

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:52 pm

Cook Pass wrote:Which, if any, of the 8 goals we've conceded all season have been even partly Walker's fault?
Arguably Bristol City but that could be my memory playing tricks with me. Either way he has been a welcome addition to the team and we'll be a poorer side when his loan expires.

C F Extremadura
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by C F Extremadura » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:45 pm

Cook Pass wrote:Which, if any, of the 8 goals we've conceded all season have been even partly Walker's fault?
there have been a couple, but if you look at highlights you'll see a very large number of oppo chances coming down from walkers side.

to be honest i dont have the memory or the patience to research when and where, but have a look through the highlights on the offish and you sound like you'll be surprised..